Short Range Radio Course – VHF
(VHF Operators certificate)
Radio operators on the Short range course (SRC), for the VHF Operators Certificate are taught the proper use of a VHF radio and the correct procedures to follow.
Effective from 1 January Category B, C, D Vessels must be equipped with a VHF radio and the operator must hold a VHF Operators certificate.
Operators are taught how to operate VHF radio equipment and the course cover:
- Inter vessel , Mayday, Mayday Relay, Pan Pan , Security and Urgency signals.
- Frequencies, Batteries and radio tests.
- Radio tuning and maintenance.
- The course also includes the new modules for Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
Learning Objectives: On successful completion of the course operators should have the following knowledge and practical skills:
- General knowledge of radio communications in the maritime mobile service
- Practical knowledge of radio equipment
- VHF radio installation, antennas, interfacing
- Digital Selective calling (DSC)
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of radio communication procedures
- Regulations for VHF Communications
Duration: 2 day weekday course or a 2 day weekend courses. Course can be arranged for weekday evenings.
Venues: Our courses will be presented in Pretoria and Sodwana bay.
(Courses also available in Gordon’s bay, Knysna, Port Elizabeth, Vaal triangle and Durban.)
More info and bookings:
Contact Kobus 0828913652 or firstname.lastname@example.org